Before (actually, during):
I was tired of looking at the giant yard debris heap built up from last year (below),
and wanted more flat, usable space in our slightly sloping backyard...so, I decided to use the logs and sticks as walls for terraces, supported by re-bar. It worked quite well. We used every scrap in the debris heap to build and shape the terraces. Now I just need to finish the top with plant-able soil/compost and we are in business!
In just 2 hours, we made 2 "terraces" on the right side (above); and then Adam and I spent the rest of the day making one on the left side (below); making a compost area using a pallet; and washed the Argosy. It was amazing.
Thank you, friends! We could not have done it without you!
We (Cydney) also found a secret egg nest of 16 eggs! we water tested them and they were all good :)
I love how it turned out; you wouldn't guess how drastically it has improved my quality of life...and the chickens'.