Monday, March 24, 2008

Martin



I have been waiting for spring for many reasons. One is that i would like to have a duck running round in my garden.
On friday night i had a dream that i had three eggs. The first hatched one normal sized yellow dove and the other two hatched one inch tall yellow chicks.
I woke up Saturday with new purpose and rode my bike straight to the IFA farming store. I rode home a few minutes later with a duck and a chick and a heat lamp.
It has been an adventure figuring out how to take care of a duck and a chick in my attick apartment urban homestead. but it's quite fun!
Unfortunately, the chick died last night :( but the duck is as alive and cute as ever. Its name is Martin. It loves to run fast on its tip-toes, chase your feet around the house, and jump high. It also does not stop squeaking...

but look how cute little Martin is:


Here are some videos of little Martin running round.


3 comments:

Briana said...

oh my gosh! that is so so cute. it's the sweetest thing ever

Little Lisa said...

I LOVE MARTIN!

GrittyPretty said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you and Martin! Martin needs a friend or he will be lonely (unless you keep him in your pocket!)